Thursday, September 11, 2008

breakdown

You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Imediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was OK

to just walk away from the thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it
And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without ya
But in reality I'm slowly loosing my mind
Underneath disguise of smile gradually I'm dying inside
Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly
Cause I don't want to reveal that fact that I'm suffering

so i wear my disguise till i go home at night
turn down all the lights and then break down and cry


So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't
got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say: "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away

No comments: